Monday, April 30, 2012

Week24: Strawberry Scones with Basil


I love strawberries, and I love scones, so when I saw this interesting twist that uses basil, I knew I had a winner. 


It started with fresh strawberries.


The dry ingredients, flour, salt, rising agents, and basil. Unfortunately the basil in my garden wasn't mature enough to use for this.


Coconut milk and an egg.


Mixed till smooth.


I cut in the butter


Till crumbly and mixed.


Then pour in the coconut milk and egg mixture.


And mix till just combined.


All brought together.


Slice the strawberries and remove the leaves.


Now I have to get these strawberries into this dough.


It was harder than it looks, but all done.


Cut before baking.


Nice and golden brown. Rose a nice amount.


I love how the strawberries retained some of their moisture, they weren't totally baked dry.


Look at how great it looks pulled apart.


The finished scone was soft, fluffy, with just the right density. It went so well with coffee, and while the majority of the flavor came from the strawberries, it had just a breath of the basil taste, making it a much more complex flavor than with strawberries alone.

1 comment:

  1. hey.. this recipes sounds delishoussse. gonna try that, when i get my hands on some strawberrys.. thanks
    came here over your game-development-hp =)
    and i think its totally cool, that you run a dessert-delivering service in rejkjavik.

    ReplyDelete