Monday, January 2, 2012

Week12: Duo-chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars


I wanted to make a variation of the Apple Streusal Cheesecake Bars, and I figured what better than changing fruit to chocolate!  This is the crust from the peanut butter pie, and the dough from the tri-chip cookies, but with only dark and white chocolate, no butterscotch morsels. 


First I take chocolate cookies, butter, and dark chocolate...


Put them in the blender and blend till


It's all crumb-ified.


Press this into the bottom, and bake for a few minutes till it hardens. It needs to cool while I make the rest of the layers.


Next comes the cheesecake layer. Always start with softened cream cheese and white sugar.


After it's blended well (gotta make sure all cheese lumps are gone, which is why it should be softened) I blend in an egg and some vanilla extract. This goes into the fridge till bake time, while I make...


The cookie dough. Start with brown and white sugars, and butter.


After the butter and sugars are well mixed, I add flour and rising agents and salt.


I love the look of dough!


Add dark and white chocolate chips.


Pour the cheesecake mix on top of the crust, sprinkle the cookie dough in torn chunks on top, and...


Set in the oven to bake.


Allow to cool, then refrigerate.


After it's chilled, it can be cut and served. Delicious! Dark chocolate crunchy crust, creamy smooth cheesecake layer, and soft cookie dough top. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those look divine! I so wish I was in Reykjavik...Can I ask how long you cook the cheesecake for, please? I've never baked anything like this before, and usually when I make a baked cheesecake it cooks on a very low oven and I was wondering about the cookie mix - I know, cheeky to ask! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be able to cook multiple cakes at a time for efficiency sake, so I use a convection oven (the fan icon on any decent oven from the past 10 years). I bake at 150 degrees, for 40 minutes, but I swap the layers half way through. I also cover the tops with aluminum foil if the top starts to brown too early while the cheesecake portion is still really raw. Deflects the head from the very top without altering the temperature of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that - glad to hear I'm not the only one with a fan oven where the heat is definitely lower on the bottom shelf! I thought fan ovens were supposed to give an even heat all round? Never mind,I'll copy your idea for the heat-deflecting foil...

    ReplyDelete