Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week02 Peanut-butter Pie

This week's dessert is Peanut Butter Pie with a dark chocolate cookie crust, and a dark chocolate ganache topping with chopped peanuts.

First, the chocolate cookies are blended with butter and dark chocolate.


This is pressed into the container and baked for 10 minutes. The cookies I found have chocolate creme in the middle. The creme was very sweet and low on cocoa mass, so I made an experiment. On the left in the brown paper, I scraped the creme off each cookie, and on the right, I blended them with creme intact (which would be much faster). The taste test though showed it was much better without the creme, so that is how it will be made. Part of why I love this business is that I can justify experiments like this in the name of bringing you, my customers, better products.


Chopped peanuts for the topping. These are salted and roasted peanuts, just how I like them.


Peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract is blended together. Not shown is the cream whipped till solid and then folded in to make it creamy and fluffy.


Pour in the mixture on top of the baked and cooled crust, and let it firm in the fridge.


Next, I heat whole cream with dark chocolate till it blends smooth.


Pour this rich ganache over the peanut butter filling.


Finally, sprinkled the edges with peanuts and allow to firm in the fridge further.


No comments:

Post a Comment